If you are a cat owner, you will know when your cat goes into heat as it displays various signs of it. She might cry, urinate a lot or show other signs of anxiousness. Read below to find some effective remedies as cat in heat will become restless.
Some remedies you can use for your cat
- Give her plenty of water to drink, so she stays hydrated.
- Show her extra affection like brushing her fur and petting her to calm her down.
- You can use synthetic pheromones on the advice of your veterinary to make her comfortable.
- Engage in regular exercise like playing with her or taking her for a walk.
- You can ask your veterinary doctor to give you some medicines to help her with the distress.
- You should clean her litter regularly to mark scent only in the litter and not in other areas of the house.
- You can make her sit on a warm towel or heat pad as it helps her stay calm.
- CBD oil is a proven remedy for your cat as it has certain ingredients that can help it stay calm. You can feed these to your cat in form of treats, chews tinctures, or capsules to help her. It doesn’t remove the problem but soothes the cat and helps it stay less agitated during the time of heat.
You can use the combination of these remedies for a more effective measure so that your pet friend can stay comfortable.